Press Play Button Below, Synchronize Reading & Listening "Habits Podcast" *An Audio Blog*
Indifference is also known as apathy where one does not care about or take any action on anything happening around them. Everybody experiences this from time to time. However, it becomes more dangerous if you do not take preventive or quick measures or are unmotivated to treat it.
Why are we indifferent?
There may be several reasons for indifference. A number of neurological and psychiatric disorders can be the reasons for apathy. These could include:
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Dysthymia or chronic mild depression
- Frontotemporal dementia
- Huntington’s disease
- Parkinson’s disease
- Progressive supranuclear palsy
- Vascular dementia
What happens when we are indifferent?
Often, human sufferings can make us crippled by indecision and embarrassment. This makes us quite easily, lose confidence that success can be achieved and we become indifferent. People who are indifferent can be seen as aloof, cold, disinterested, de-motivated and may also lack passion.
How to deal with indifference?
- Build self-esteem: Keep a journal and write down your experiences. It may be difficult to speak to someone directly, but finding a way to vent out your feelings helps. Learning the good and bad about you will help you be the best version of you and make you more confident.
- Home care: People experiencing indifference may also benefit from a supportive network of friends and family. These are the people who truly care about you and want to be of help. Talking and discussing concerns can help you regain interest in your life and surroundings.
- Professional helps: Mental health professionals can also help. Therapists or counselors can discuss concerns at length and also guide people to re-establish a positive outlook on life. Furthermore, a combination of therapy and medication can be even more effective.
The thought of visiting a therapist or counselor keeps many people from seeking support. The taboo around mental health needs to be curbed and Living in Wellbeing helps to do exactly that. With our team of professionals, your worries can be at ease when it comes to privacy, comfort and also cost-effective remedies. Get in touch with us now and let us help you create a plan to build the skills you need to address your challenges.
Article Source: https://www.quora.com/Why-are-some-people-so-indifferent-to-everyone/answer/Dr-Purushothaman-Kollam-2