Recently on the Internet I discovered a few lists of the signs of spiritual awakening (sometimes also referred to as symptoms of spiritual awakening). The lists I've come across so far are vague and unclear (for example: headaches and body aches, feeling as though you're on an emotional rollercoaster "for no reason," changes in energy levels, sleep patterns, jobs, and/or relationships, gaining or losing weight, even an itchy scalp--all apparently for no reason), so I decided to come up with my own list of what I understand to be the most essential and relevant signs and symptoms of spiritual awakening. The following is a list of nine things I experienced during the process of awakening:
1. Synchronicities that are meaningful to you. (These help point you in the right direction or help spark an important new insight.)
2. Intensely painful life "changes" that you can't explain or know how you'll get through. (This assures that you look within for the answers. Note that "change" is often a polite way of saying "loss.")
3. All-consuming inner contemplation followed by possible reassessment of beliefs, especially at 3 or 4 in the morning (often triggered by happenings or things you can't explain using your current belief systems or knowledge).
4. Receiving "secret messages" from people who aren't aware they're relaying special messages to you. (If they had known, they may have hesitated, and sometimes spirit just doesn't want to take chances.)
5. Having the same thing (especially something that's unusual) happen to you two or three times in a relatively short period of time, like, say, 24 hours. (This assures that you actually notice what your higher self wants you to notice.)
6. Waking up in the middle of the night feeling intense confusion. (This means your beliefs are being re-evaluated. Before you become clear and solid in your new awakened state, you will no doubt find yourself mucking through a period of deep confusion.)
7. Favorable synchronicities that happen regularly. (You can expect these to occur after you regularly follow through with your inner guidance.)
8. Intense, vivid dreams that seem to point you in a certain direction. (The further along in the process you are, the clearer your dreams will be and the more your dreams will help guide you in your daily life. The dreams will be in metaphor form, often in metaphors that make sense to you.)
9. Finding yourself laughing more often. (Sometimes you will wake up in the middle of the night, think something profound that's also funny, and then laugh your head off. This is not a joke. Your higher self is playful and wants you to have fun while you're awakening.)
Experiencing any (or all) of these signs means that spirit (your higher self) is trying to get your attention! Also, spirit is playful and wants you to enjoy the awakening process (it's not all about pain and drama but about enlightenment, about becoming light-hearted). You will also be amazed at the creativity of your higher self.
Remember, the fast track to spiritual awakening does not depend on how much fame or fortune you're born with (or currently possess), or on how many advanced degrees you have, but on how much you're willing to (temporarily) forgo your comfort zones for the noble purpose of personal and spiritual growth. This is important because it is your individual growth that is of utmost importance at this crossroad in humanity's collective evolution. Remember also that the signs and symptoms you experience aren't just signs or symptoms; they are designed to assist you in the spiritual awakening process.
About the Author
Are you ready to reconnect with your higher self? Subscribe at http://www.WhatEveryoneBelieved.com/ and receive a free report on how to integrate with your higher self. Christine Hoeflich is the author of Activating 2012: A Practical Guide to Navigating 2012 with Confidence and Clarity--an ebook that gives you all the keys to finally fulfill your dreams.
Article Source: http://goarticles.com/article/Signs-of-Spiritual-Awakening-9-Essential-Symptoms-of-Awakening/3371593/