Management Aptitude Test (MAT) is conducted by the All India Management Association (AIMA) for candidates who wish to take up management programmes. In India MAT is mainly conducted as the national entrance examination for MBA and equivalent programmes. MAT scores are accepted by the AICTE approved institutions and All India Management Association-Center for Management education (AIMA-CME). Only graduates from recognized university are eligible to take up MAT examination. Clearing MAT is not an easy task however a good strategy for study can make it simpler.
How do I register for MAT?
MAT application forms are available in selected branches of Bank of Baroda, Axis Bank and the list of study centers are listed in the official website. A Demand Draft of 1200/- should be drawn in favour of â€œAll India Management Associationâ€ which is payable at Delhi from any bank. Candidates can also register online at AIMA website. Detailed procedure is available in the official website.
What is the MAT test duration, pattern and MAT Syllabus?
MAT exam is conducted 4 times a year in February, May, September and December. The examination is purely objective type and time management is very essential to complete the paper on time. MAT exam consists of 200 questions and the time allotted to complete this is 150 minutes. Questions are divided into five main sections.
1) Language Comprehension
2) Mathematical skills
3) Data Analysis and Sufficiency
4) Intelligence and Critical Reasoning
5) Indian and Global Environment
Most of the candidates struggle to complete the answer paper in 150 minutes. So, good timing and preparation becomes mandatory. Language Comprehension needs real good practice and good vocabulary.
Who accepts MAT scores?
MAT scores are accepted by the more than 300 business schools in India. The entire lists of colleges under MAT are available at AIMA website. Some International universities like Stratford University also accept MAT scores for admission to various management courses offered by the university.
How to I prepare for MAT?
Mat Preparation comes only with regular practice and this needs quality time. Find below some simple tips which can be very helpful.
1) Math concepts covered in MAT are from higher secondary level. So, basic concepts in math should be clear and brush up all the formulas which are very helpful to clear mathematical section in MAT.
2) Vocabulary: Read many good books and also understand the usage of words in different contexts. Good vocabulary is very essential to clear any competitive exam.
3) Solve puzzles and mock tests to improve reasoning skills. There are many MAT Preparation Books which have proved to be helpful in preparation.
4) Spend more time on weak areas: Candidates need to understand strength and weaknesses and go for full length tests. Plan a good study strategy and spend more time on weak areas.
5) Select the right book: This is very crucial. Candidates need to select the right book because wrong guidance can be dangerous.
There are many good MAT Preparation Books which can prove to very helpful for candidates. Find below some of the well known MAT Preparation Books are listed below:
1) MAT(Management Aptitude Test) Entrance Exams with Practice CD: This book is written by Mittal and published by G K Publishers Ltd. This book is exclusive for MAT preparation and is one of the bestselling books for MAT.
2) Solved Papers MAT (Management Aptitude Test Entrance Exam): This book is published by G K Publishers and is a good book for MAT preparation.