How to slow down aging process?
Anyone who has passed the threshold of her 30th has learned that our skin does not stay bright, tight, smooth and young forever ...
With age, our skin experiences changes. It loses luster and becomes dull over the year, with a more yellowish tone, skin blemishes and wrinkles begin to appear, and facial features seem less sharp and "lifted ". Skin's elasticity and strength weaken therefore the skin become saggy, dry and cracked. Does not sound too joyful does it? ... true, but with today's knowledge and science, we have the final word!
It takes effort, but the result is worth it. So what can we change?
We have to fight on two fronts:
• change dietary habits and lifestyle
• apply routine skin-care and use products which contain active ingredients.
Skin care from the inside: nutrition and lifestyle
One cause for accelerated aging of the skin is the nutritional agent. Diet rich in sugars, fried foods, processed and saturated fats causes the creation of free radicals in the body. What are free radicals? Free radicals are unstable molecules that cause all kinds of damage to the tissues. Including collagen and elastin, which are responsible for skin elasticity and firmness.
Sun exposure also leads to the formation of free radicals in the skin. How to fight these destructive free radicals? Antioxidants of course! Through diet and skin care products rich in antioxidants, one can substantially minimize the formation of these radicals and hence- maintain a healthy looking, young skin.
Here are some useful tips:
1. Be sure to include fruits and vegetables in your daily menu. These contain various antioxidants, let alone prevent the penetration of toxins from the digestive system into the body.
2. Oils that are beneficial to the skin are mainly found in: Sesame seeds , avocado, olive oil, fish, flaxseed and walnuts.
3. Northern sea fish are recommended for their high content of omega 3 - fatty acid that contributes to the soft texture of the skin.
4. Also, among fish, the Salmon is preferred containing besides the above - the ingredient DMAE, which contributes to smooth skin texture.
5. Consider taking supplements related to slowing skin aging - the main supplements are: Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Zinc, GLA, omega-3, alpha lipoid acid.
6. Use sunscreen with a sun protection factor of 15 to 30 (depending on the degree of exposure to the sun). Do not skip the SPF! Research suggests that approximately 80% of the effect of aging is due to sun damage! No need for sunscreen higher than 30.
7. Remember, stress and worries affect the appearance of the skin. The skin reflects, in general, our physical and mental state.
8. Exercise is a blessing for health and beauty. It contributes to good circulation of blood, waste removal and delivers oxygen to the cells, better functioning of blood vessels and overall health is also evident in facial appearance.
9. Clean the skin well every evening from makeup residue and remnants of air pollution and smoking. You can spoil yourself with a good facial mask.
10. Rreplace white flour whole wheat flour.
11. Use a good moisturizer that contains antioxidants. It will increase the skin's ability to deal with free radicals. You should start using anti-ageing skincare products even before the appearance of signs of aging! Peeling creams and facial skin rejuvenation contain AHA and BHA, and derivatives of vitamin A. These are designed for use in the evening and night only (at least the products that contain an effective concentration of the active substance).
12. There is no connection between the cost of care product and the cost of the raw materials used to produce them. Therefore, don't spend thousands of dollars on expensive products, without checking whether it is justified. In general, most anti-aging products sold on store shelves do not contain high concentrations of active ingredients. Therefore, the effectiveness is questionable. You can get more concentrated materials in Cosmetology. Find out what each train, and what concentration. Hydroxy acids cause peeling from a concentration of 8%, vitamin C should be at a concentration of 10% or more (there are derivatives in which the concentration is sufficient) to operate. Alpha Lipoic Acid - 1%, etc
13. Stop smoking! Smoking is bad for health and damages the facial skin. It impairs the blood vessels (that should lead nutrition and vitamins to skin cells and remove dirt), it causes dull skin and typical smoking-wrinkles and damages skin tissue, among other things by free radicals generated.
14. Protection factor used on all exposed body parts. Neck, shoulders and hands, including palms, cleavage and other body part. Avoid sun exposure during hours when it is burning unabated.
15. Take supplements of coenzyme Q10. Sun, toxins and ageing are depleting this nutrient, which has an important role in protecting the cell membranes. It also has a role in cellular energy production.
16. Do not be tempted to buy cosmetics that make promises that cannot be realized. No creams can make wrinkles disappear in a moment. Collagen cannot penetrate the skin. The same goes for elastin. These molecules are too large to penetrate through the upper stratum.
17. Replace solid soaps with gentle cleansers that do not dry the skin. Moisturizing the skin is an important component of its defense against environmental conditions. Also damp skin peels more efficiently. There is no need to wash your face twice a day with soap. When waking up in the morning - washing with water is enough.
18. Some anti-aging treatments cause skin irritation. The cause is mainly Retinol, AHA and BHA and hydroquinone. Irritation and inflammation promote skin aging by encouraging the release of free radicals. Avoid any skin irritation (you can allow a certain level, but not continuous). Calm the skin using creams if necessary. Whether developed persistent irritation, discontinue the use of the material caused it.