Press Play Button Below, Synchronize Reading & Listening "Habits Podcast" *An Audio Blog*
Fear is a common problem and everyone experiences it at some point in time. However, fear is not always bad; it helps you stay safe by alerting you of a potential danger. But, when fear becomes overwhelming and disrupts your everyday life, it needs to be addressed.
The most common reaction in a fearful situation is the attitude, “I can’t”. It is the fear of failure that stops you from taking an action. You try to avoid the risk of any kind and start rejecting opportunities that come your way. The fear of failure makes you paralyzed from taking any chances at all.
The most common fears that we experience are fear of loss of love, job and financial security, fear of failure, rejection, criticism and embarrassment. These fears hold us back throughout life and interfere with our happiness.
- It is very important to eliminate or minimize the impact of fear. For that, you can follow a few simple tips, they are:
- It is important to understand your fear. You can do this by understanding the symptoms of fear, analyzing what triggers fear in you and recognizing when fear becomes overwhelming.
- Secondly, you must face your fear. Write it down and focus your mind on it. Remember, when you ignore your fear, it grows and when you face it, it shrinks.
- To beat the fear, you have to face it. So, instead of running away from the situation, just go ahead and do it.
- Educate yourself and know the facts, get information or knowledge to examine your situation. Sometimes, we just speculate and are unaware of the facts.
- Learn relaxation techniques like deep breathing to calm your senses.
- Have a positive attitude. Ask yourself, “What is the worst thing that can happen?”
It is wise to learn that even though we are really fearing about fear, in the end, we will understand that fear is only just an emotion like any other feeling and can be easily eradicated or removed if we really want.
You can also seek fear counseling from experts who can guide you on your situation. LivingInWellbeing provides fear and phobia counseling in Kerala and online. We independently analyze each patient’s case and come out with a dedicated line of treatment which can help you eliminate fear and attain a better wellbeing.