Fruits as we know are a great source of energy, nutrients and all things that are good for the health and the body. Of all fruits, guavas are also extremely nutritious and are tasty at the same time. They not only make to be a great snack but are packed with great benefits that only help one get better with health in the long run. Therefore, the next time when you pick up the delicious fruit, you will know the benefits every bite of the fruit will get to you. It is our conscious choice to follow healthy eating tips.
What are the benefits of having guava?
- Low in calories- the first and foremost factor that most millennial cares about is the calories that one food item might have. Though most fruits have a lot of sugar content that may make them high in calories, guava is one such fruit that is low in calories and thus makes a great food item for those who want to watch their diet and control the weight gain.
- Rich source of dietary fiber- Dietary fiber is an important nutrient that must be incorporated in one’s diet and one such easy way to add the fiber to the diet is to consume guava. Having the fruits requires zero efforts as one just has to carry the fruit on the go and bite on to it when hunger strikes.
- Great source of antioxidants- Antioxidants are known to remove all toxins that may be bad for health. It is important to kill these toxins and antioxidants do that with ease. Guavas contain a good amount of antioxidants and are an easy way to remove all toxins from the body. So, try to have one guava everyday for maximum health benefits.
- Rich in Vitamin C- Guavas are rich in vitamin C and we all know that vitamin C are an important source of energy in the body and what better to get some energy while we bite into amazingly sweet guavas?
- High in potassium content- Potassium again is an important nutrient that we must not miss out on. A fun fact is that guavas contain higher potassium content than bananas. One who has both the fruits will never have to face any potassium deficiencies in the body and will be able to maintain good health.
- Helps in maintaining blood pressure rate- guavas help in maintaining the blood pressure rate and are great for people who may have hypertension and related issues. If they consume the fruit on a daily basis, the need to take medicines will decrease and one can cure the issue with natural remedies. Stay healthy and active with this wonder fruit.
- Guava is rich in potassium. The most important fact to be noted is that it contains more potassium than the fruits such as banana. The role of potassium in our body is very vital. It is a very important component found in the fluids of the body and even the cell. It is necessary for controlling the rate if the heart and the pressure of the blood.
- Copper which is present in Guava, is extremely good for the proper functioning and maintenance of the thyroid gland. With the thyroid gland working in an improper way can lead to multiple health issues.
- The brain functions are controlled in a proper manner as the Vitamin B3 and Vitamin B6 in Guava helps in providing the right amount of blood flow to the brain. Pyridoxine or Vitamin B6 is extremely good the health of the nerves. It also relaxes the nerves,
- Consumption of Guava will help in preventing excess sugar to be absorbed into the blood. This is the reason why people affected with diabetes need to consume this fruit regularly.
Store fruits well to increase the shelf life
Fruits are easily perishable and that is why one must be careful of how they store them. Guavas ripen at room temperature and once they ripen, it is best to consume them in a day or two, as they can get stale over the time period. Follow a healthy diet with lots of guavas to get all the health benefits.