Press Play Button Below, Synchronize Reading & Listening "Habits Podcast" *An Audio Blog*
Experiencing the world with heightened emotion is an integral part of who we are as humans. But being sensitive is both a blessing and a curse. Feeling deeply can be a very special thing, but can be harmful when the feelings are negative. Sensitive people think more deeply, are emotionally more intense and feel more deeply. While it is healthy to be emotional and sensitive, it could at a certain point end up as detrimental. It can limit your ability to live a happy, healthy life.
Signs that you are overly sensitive:
- Lack of volume control
- Frequent emotional exhaustion
- Overanalyzing every little word and gesture
- Not socializing
- Serious anxiety
Why we are sensitive and how it affects us?
- Hormonal imbalance - Some emotional over-sensitivity is linked to oxytocin. It is the hormone responsible for humans’ feelings of bonding and love with each other.
- Little or no sleep- Life can be exhausting and being mentally fatigued can make you act up. With less or no sleep, your rational self is overpowered by consuming emotions.
- Anxiety of letting anyone down - Many compromises too easily and agree to do someone a favor because they do not want to let anyone down. This comes at a great mental, physical and emotional cost to them.
How to keep yourself in check?
For many sensitive people, the key to managing it is to utilize sensory immunity strategies and emotional immunity. One needs to exercise self-compassion and how you respond to triggering feelings. You could also explore your emotions through journaling. Effective communication skills are a must to nurture positive and constructive relationships. And sometimes, letting it all out to a professional practitioner can turn things around for the better.
Change can be hard for anyone and at Living in Wellbeing, our expert health specialists help you accept your true self and then work on making you better - mentally as well as physically. They will help you identify triggers for your sensitivity and you will receive all the help you need to retrain your brain and shape new patterns. So, get in touch with us today and take the route of professional mental health counselling for your betterment.
Article Source: https://www.quora.com/Why-are-people-so-sensitive-1/answer/Purushothaman-Kollam-1