Press Play Button Below, Synchronize Reading & Listening "Habits Podcast" *An Audio Blog*
Boredom is a widespread term. However, is it generally perceived as an unpleasant emotional state. The individual feels an invasive lack of interest and there is difficulty concentrating on the current activity. It is a universal experience and there are several reasons why we go through it.
Why are we bored?
Boredom is predictive of anger, loneliness, sadness and also vary. There are some common reasons why we feel bored.
- Mental fatigue
- Need for Novelty
- Lack of self-awareness
- Post-injury effect
- Absence of inner amusement skills
- The feeling of being trapped
How can we fight boredom?
The chronically bored are at higher risk for alcoholism, drug addiction and compulsive gambling. It is essential that it is identified and corrective measures are taken immediately.
- Catch a hobby: Try your hand at art and craft or read a book. These simple actions can awaken the inner child and also the feelings of wonder and nostalgia. It can easily help you take a mental vacation.
- Socialize: Meeting and talking to new people or reconnecting with lost pals can help you get a greater outlook on life. You will come across novelty and understand the happenings in others lives too. It could be a source of motivation to try and do new things in life.
- Cut off distractions: Avoid indulging in a low-value task. Do not do random internet surfing or switching channels of the television mindlessly. Find something better and more interesting to occupy you.
Mental health issues are common. But studies say that only 40% of people with mental health issues seek help. Untreated challenges often get worse and they may have other negative effects. Talking to a professional who is an expert on psychological wellness can reduce some symptoms of mental health condition.
With Living in Wellbeing, not only does the treatment last till you see our counselor in person, but the therapy teaches you skills to address symptoms on your own. Along with the physical aspects, our sessions take you through emotional concerns as well that affects daily life and function and how to cope with that. So get in touch with us now and immediately seek help to fight battles that may cause harm to yourself or others.