Respect is one thing that must always be earned. You cannot force other people to respect you. It is a feeling that is developed among the people around you based on your habits, intelligence or ability. It can be really painful and depressing when you do not get respect from others. This is the time when you should look at yourself honestly and analyse how people treat you. In such situations, you must find out whether people around you give the respect you deserve? In this article, we list down some of the best ways through which you can earn another person’s respect.
- One of the best ways to earn respect is by being kind and polite with the people you meet. This sounds like an easy thing to do but when you have a bad day it can be a tough thing to follow. Try to give other people the respect that you would like to receive yourself. Do actions that offer kindness and politeness. Smile and greet people wherever possible.
- Eliminate any kind of disrespectful behaviour. Do not do things that might hurt others. Focus on the people when you are engaging with them rather than looking somewhere else. Such small things have a big impact on people’s mind. When you act respectfully, you gain other person’s respect too.
- Always be ready to lend your hand when others are in need. When you help others you develop respect in the minds of people. Always notice an opportunity of helping people. When you take responsibility for helping other people, they will always be ready to help you when you are in need.
- Holding anger within yourself will hurt no one more than yourself. Allow yourself to get angry for the moment and then rectify the situation or put the things behind. No one in this world is perfect but when you overcome your emotions to focus back on your stuff gracefully, you win the respect of others.
- It is always good to be willing to change. When you are stubborn, you will hurt or irritate people around you. Try to inculcate the changes that will make you a better person and make people around you feel good.
- To gain the respect of others you must begin by respecting and believing in yourself. When you lack confidence, you can be easily identified. Do not think about the surroundings, feel free and be confident. When you are confident you leave a positive impact on others and gain their respect.
- Many people struggle to get the respect of others because they do not speak. When you have no voice, nobody will listen to you and know what you are. When you make yourself heard, you will make your presence felt among people. With your words and presence, you can earn the respect of the people around you.
- Body language is an important aspect to tell people how you feel about yourself. When you have poor body language, you cannot command the respect of others. But when you portray yourself as a confident person, people will look up to you and respect you.
The above mentioned are some of the best ways to earn other people’s respect. If at any point in life, you feel low or depressed about not getting another person’s respect, you may get in touch with Living In Wellbeing’s expert counsellors and involve yourself in motivational and inspirational talk with us.