Press Play Button Below, Synchronize Reading & Listening "Habits Podcast" *An Audio Blog*
Shamanism is one of the most effective ways to heal people from misery and suffering. People from various professions are turning to shamanism to gain access to a peaceful life. Since it is not an organized Religion but a Spiritual Practice, it cuts across all faiths and creeds. The beauty of shamanism is that you can hear the voice of the spirit and you can listen to the call of your soul. With shamanism, you will feel refreshed and discover the new meaning of your Spiritual Journey. Shamanism is performed with the knowledge and skills of Shamans. Therefore, to understand the spiritual world of shamanism, it is essential to know who is a Shaman.
Who is A Shaman?
A shaman is a person who has a special ability to control the causes of various sufferings and miseries. The shaman can control the spirits in a particular manner and draw the outcome that they hope to occur. The shamans accept the presence of spirits in the universe and believe that every spirit is interconnected to one another. The word “Shaman” is derived from the Sanskrit word “Sramana”, which means roaming ascetic or heavenly figure.
The shamans have incredible knowledge and values that can be taught to mankind. The shamans work in disguise and it would be very difficult to find them easily in India. So before you take up this mind-altering spiritual journey, it is important that you find out real shamans and not the ones who can deceive you.
Abilities of Shamans and How It Can Benefit You?
The shamans can alter the states of Consciousness. They possess the ability to enter alternate states and control themselves while moving in and out of that state. They act as mediators between the requirements of the spirit world and the physical world. The shamans in general can serve the needs of the community that cannot be met by practitioners of other disciplines. People can use the services of shamans for dealing with all types of health challenges. The approach of shamanism is most useful to people who are not making significant improvements through the conventional approach.
Opinion of Scholars on Shamanism
Earlier there was no accurate meaning of shamanism. The researchers utilized different points of view to draw out the work of shamans on the planet. In 2001, English antiquarian Ronald Hutton recognised the meaning of shamanism in three ways; the first one says shamanism is "anyone who contacts a soul world while in an adjusted condition of awareness". The second one says “Shamanism alludes to individuals who connect with the soul world while being in a changed condition of cognizance in line with others”. The third definition defines shamans as someone who is different from magico-strict specialists. Shamans act as an interface with the spirits and they do it using interesting strategies that are not utilized by others.
Roger Walsh termed shamanism as “a group of customs whose experts centre around wilfully entering changed conditions of awareness in which they experience themselves or their spirit(s) heading out to different domains voluntarily and cooperating with different elements to serve their local area". To sum up, shamanism is one of the accepted and prevalent mending, psychotherapeutic, and profound customs.
Shamanism in Various Religions and Cultures
There are many religions in the world. The societies across the globe have the influence of their religion on the rituals and customs they follow. These societies which comprise of various religions have historical background of the following shamanism.
Shamanism in Hinduism
Hinduism is considered as one of the oldest religious systems in this world Hinduism is known for various types of spiritual and healing practices. One of the most popular body healing practices known across the globe is Meditation, Yoga, Tantra, Mantra, Poojas Chants & other Devotional Activities. Yoga is a practice that searches a combination of one's body & mind leading to the actual self (Atman) and the Absolute (Brahman). Yoga generates energy and creates warmth in the body. The shamans view this warmth as fundamental. In both Yoga and Shamanism, the warmth in the body is gotten by being close to the fire or by maintaining the breath. Both these practices have so much in common. Many Yogis in Hinduism are believed to have the healing power by having an association with the spirits of the universe. These Yogis practice the art of yoga and follow strict ceremonies through which they can see the fate of the universe using divine forces.
Shamanism in Islam
Shamanism has been part of the Islamic religion for a long time. It is known as Islamized Shamanism. Shamanism and Sufism have a common relationship with one another. The Gnawa performers of Morocco went as shamans of Islam in the form of healers in their territory. Many other examples reveal a close relationship between Islam and Shamanism. Shamanism was widely popular in Islam in regions of the Middle East, North Africa, Central Asia and the Balkans.
Shamanism in Christianity
The influence of shamanism can also be seen in Christianity. The act of Shamanism is very near to the act of healing in Jesus Christ's name. The act of healing gives the vibes and state of spirituality as it is felt in shamanism.
Shamanism in Buddhism
Buddhism is one of the oldest religions of Asia. Yellow Shamanism is one of the important training that is common in regions of Serbia and Mongolia. It has many ceremonies and customs that are taken from Buddhism.
It can be seen that shamanism is part of almost every culture and every country on earth yet it is widely misunderstood all across the globe. Modern society often does not accept the practice of shamanism. People lack the basic common sense to understand that it's a phenomenon. People often call others who follow this practice an idiot because they have no clue about it. But the reality is different. Shamanism is one of the most interesting subjects that one can discuss. It is a scientific practice that dates back thousands of years. It uses various means to communicate with the divine and resolve the problems.
Tantrism and Shamanism
Note on Shamanism likewise makes it vital for Tantrism, which is perhaps the main practice among the Hindus and the Buddhists. Tantrism is predominant altogether in the significant religions in India like Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism. In the expressions of Swami Satyananda, tantra is made out of two Sanskrit words for example tanoti (extends) and trayoti (frees). It is such a framework based on which one unshackles the two features of insights and matter for example Purusha and Prakriti or Shiva and Shakti. Tantrism is portrayed as an imaginative type of religion, It is one in which the individuals utilize a symbolically rich dress, ceremonial instruments, for example, yantras, arithmetical models of the house of divine beings and Buddhas, directing words just as the utilization of mantras. Shamanism and tantrism are two exceptionally related ideas, however marginally varying from one another.
Shamanism and Psychotherapy
Shamans are basically alluded to like those individuals who attest that they can deliberately control their awareness to have admittance to information that is not effectively accessible. The shamans utilize their ability to oblige the prerequisites of the individuals from their local area. The shamans go about as healers, instructors just as psychotherapists. Bio-medication considers a sickness or pathology inside one human body to be the reason for the assault of germs yet as indicated by the shamans, it is the insidious spirits which has the body of the individuals and makes it their safe house, accordingly causing the human body to get more vulnerable step by step. A sleeping disorder, changing or fluctuating mindsets along with crying spells, remorseful misery, just as psychosomatic signs, for example, torment are accepted to be the reason for insidious soul or the evil soul inside the human body. The shamans numerous multiple times have gone through the agony that the individual may be enduring at that point, in this manner, through his/her insight, the shaman attempts to demonstrate his psychological abilities before the person by giving him internal harmony and tranquillity. Hence, the shamans go about as the best healers of the human brain. Torrey (1986) has recognized in excess of a couple of highlights that create customer and customer expectations—trust, confidence, significant serenity, trust, just as enthusiastic incitement. In this way, it is through the progression of time that a shaman instils insight inside himself subsequently healing his customer intellectually, inwardly, and profoundly.
Benefits of Shamanism
The following Physical, Mental, Emotional, Psychological & Spiritual & Common Health Benefits of Shamanism are enumerated below for detailed information. It is very definite after a Shamanic Journey/Healing (A Real Life-Changing Tool) we will experience a transformed state of Life.
- It lowers blood cortisol levels.
- You can better manage stress.
- It reduces your anxiety.
- It removes depression symptoms.
- You will get a mood enhancement.
- You can retrain your brain & minds.
- It is good for your heart.
- It lowers your blood pressure.
- It enhances blood serotonin levels.
- You will break bad habits very easily.
- You will strengthen personal relationships.
- It enhances concentration.
- It helps build inner strength.
- You will learn to be in the present.
- You will enjoy being alone.
- It helps to remove mental cluttering.
- You will better manage anger.
- You can get out of your grudges.
- You will live in the moment.
- It helps to cope with pain & suffering.
- It helps you to meditate & relax.
- You will sleep better.
- You will learn the art of better breathing.
- It enhances your visualization & creative thinking.
- It boosts your learning skills.
- You will become your own master.
- It reduces many physical problems.
- It adds balance to your life.
- You will become more productive.
- It boosts the immune system.
- It improves mental functioning.
- You will feel more creative.
- It makes you kind & sympathetic.
- It boosts your memory.
- It prevents stress & burnout.
- You will have a spiritual awakening.
- It builds resilience.
- Your sex life will improve.
- It promotes mindful living.
- You will become more in tune with your body.
- It helps you deal with uncomfortable situations.
- It could alter genetic expression.
- It could help fight addiction.
- It fosters accountability.
- You will make better decisions.
- It boosts self-esteem.
- It removes loneliness.
- It improves memory.
- It can alleviate anxiety & tension.
- It may improve arthritis symptoms.
- It changes how the body responds to stress.
- It encourages movement.
- It helps your focus & concentration.
- You will become more self-confident.
- It promotes emotional stability.
- You will perform better.
- You will get in touch with your inner voice.
- You will learn to focus your breathing.
- You will make a mind-body connection.
- It keeps your brain healthy & younger.
- It helps you cope with trauma.
- It keeps distractions away.
- You will simplify your life.
- You will feel more alert & active.
- You will become more patient.
- You will be more tolerant of others.
- It enhances your metabolism.
- It improves digestion.
- You will have more energy & enthusiasm.
- You will have better impulse control.
- It releases endorphins.
- It helps curb food cravings.
- It reduces instances of binge eating.
- It could help you lose weight.
- You will better understand hunger cues.
- It helps you forget about past wrongs.
- You will quiet negative thoughts.
- You will learn to self-realize.
- It helps you create your best reality.
- You will tackle your never-ending to-do list.
- It helps you track emotions.
- You will become more observant.
- It helps you visualize your goals.
- It lets you harmonize with your reality.
- You will feel more empathetic & sympathetic.
- It helps manage chronic health conditions.
- You will feel safe & comfortable.
- It increases grey matter in the brain.
- You will feel more grateful.
- It makes you open to new ideas.
- You will be open to forgiveness.
- It can improve your workout.
- You can learn to manage money.
- You will be a better communicator.
- You can manage ADHD.
- It could help with mental health conditions.
- It helps to recover from illness.
- It will help you find a sense of purpose.
- It helps to lead a life in freedom.
- It helps you to start a renewed life journey with a great destination & difference in the days to come.
How Can You Find a Shamanic Practitioner?
Individuals who live in an indigenous culture can easily find a shamanic practitioner. However, most people stay in a contemporary world and shamanic practitioners are very hard to find. Since shamans practice through direct spiritual initiation, there is no certifying body to register such practitioners. To find them you must search for them in your local community or ask friends or colleagues. Before meeting any practitioner verify their reputation. Ask them how they initiated this journey and how well they are trained. One of the important questions that you must not forget to ask a shamanic practitioner is whether he would be available after the healing process to help you with issues of integration and processing.
Shamanic Practitioner in India
Most of the time it is very difficult to find a traditional shamanic healer due to various reasons. They impart their service to fellow beings in a silent way. It is interesting to note that many of the medical practitioners, Psychiatrists, Psychologist, Psychotherapist, General counsellors do not give much importance to this age-old healing system. Anyhow, Dr Purushothaman, a Medical Surgeon by Profession, Interested in this type of healing is one of the leading Shamanic practitioners in India. He incorporates various ancient spiritual knowledge, wisdom and methods with recent advances in science and technology. He uses neural sciences, psychology, psychodynamics, mind programing, Neuro-theology and systems providing, a new age shamanic healing which is a blend of all healing modalities. He is known to be curing people from various health disorders like physical illness, depression, anxiety, stress, sleep-related problems, etc. You may schedule your shamanic healing session with him using an online or offline mechanism. People from across the globe are taking the help of Dr Purushothaman to resolve their physical, mental, emotional, psychological and spiritual problems.
To conclude. let us understand that Shamanic Healing, an age-old healing system has emerged as a New-Age Scientific Tool to heal the deep-rooted Mental & Emotional Traumas, Miseries and Suffering of Mind & Body most easily and effectively, utilizing all the new Mental Programs & information. In Neo Shamanism we can see a blend of every piece of knowledge gathered from all sources, from the beginning of time till now. This is the beauty & peculiarity of Shamanism.
Even though the word shamanism is old, the methodology is backed by science and metaphysics. That is why Shamanism is highly relevant in this millennium. Let us make use of this Novel, Noble & Divine healing system for our day to day life.