You've probably been thinking about where you are in your business and your life. You have, right? Now that you have a starting point you can focus on your destination. Where do you want to be in a year, five years, or ten years? In setting your sights for the future, be sure to identify the results you really want rather than what you think you should want. This point is so important because if you're not pursuing what you really want, the likelihood of feeling fulfilled with your success is low.
I often hear successful people say they feel something in their life is missing or they feel they should be doing something else. If you relate to these feelings, take time to explore where your heart and passions lie. You will be happier in the long run!
That being said, let's assume you have picked three areas of your life you want to change or improve. It might be generating more income, creating more personal time, taking your business to the next level, or attracting a new relationship. You might be feeling gung-ho about some of the things you envision for yourself and have concern about sustaining your motivation.
Below are some tips to help you get moving and stay moving.
1. Show up. You have identified three things you want to have this year, right? Ok, how badly do you want them? To create anything you want, you must be fully on board to do whatever it takes to make it happen. So, are you? This means concentrating your attention on the destination you wish to reach. Be sure that what you choose to "go for" aligns with your purpose and passion so that your commitment is strong. If you're not fully on board, take another look at what you chose. Chances are, you have picked areas that are misaligned with your heart.
2. Put your attention on the destination, as if you were already there. Create a course of action that ignites your excitement. In my monthly mastermind group, we begin each month with a list of 30 day promises. We view these promises as agreements we make to ourselves as well as to the group. This list is used to guide our decisions and actions so that we remain focused on the intention we set for ourselves, personally and professionally. At the beginning of each month, we assess our progress and address any roadblocks that have been troublesome. We find 30 day agreements create the momentum we need month to month. Having support systems that provide accountability, advice, resources etc. is a critical element that contributes to success. Share this list with your support systems (if you have them). Including them in your monthly intentions will add further accountability to your success.
3. Execute. Take action. Otherwise, you have good intentions that go nowhere.
4. Reassess your progress periodically. 60-90 days is a good time frame to re-evaluate what's working and what's not so that you can make needed adjustments.
5. Create a motivation strategy. Make a list of people and things that energize and juice you. Include things you will do when you become discouraged or distracted such as taking a 10 minute break, calling a friend, and using the tools you have to stay motivated and focused.
Read on to learn two key excuses people use to avoid or stall taking action (when they KNOW they need to do it and they don't!).
PS. This is one of the ways we sabotage our success to having what we want!
Excuse #1 – I don't have the time. Time issues are really about how you schedule your time rather than trying to find more time. We all have the same 8760 hours in a year to use. Are you making choices that improve the quality of your life or ones that add more problems and stress?
Excuse #2 - I can't afford it. Funny thing about this excuse…. somehow people find a way to make things happen when they want it badly enough. What do you think it might be costing you to keep this excuse – money, peace of mind, your dreams?
My advice: Are you continuing to see the same patterns emerging that keep you stuck and you're feeling frustrated because you haven't been able to break through?
You will free yourself from spinning your wheels by working on personal development. I mean looking at your attitudes and behaviors. Invest your time, energy, and resources to get to know yourself well – who you are and why you do what you do. Having the courage and determination to invest in self-reflection is critical to achieving success and life fulfillment.
If you've been working on yourself and made some progress, keep at it and go deeper. Be willing to discover things about yourself that are hidden more deeply inside. The answers you seek are within you. There is a wealth of information, skill, and support available to anyone seeking happiness. That's really what we all want – to feel love and happiness! Add people to your team to help you uncover what might be undermining your best efforts.
Call to action: Review your vision for the year. Put your focus on the destination – where you want to be on 12/31. Do 1, 2 or all 3 action steps.
1. Make a list of promises you will commit to over the next 30 days that move you forward towards your vision. Share it with someone who supports you. Notice how you show up or disappear when action is called for. Going forward, I recommend creating this list on the first day of each month.
2. Observe how often you use the two excuses to say no to yourself and your dreams.
3. Create a motivation strategy. Keep adding things to it so it continues to expand!
About the Author
Lorraine Cohen, President of Powerfull Living, brings more than 25 years experience in personal and business coaching, psychological counseling, and sales to thousands of business owners, entrepreneurs, and executives from a wide range of industries to have greater career success and personal happiness in their life. She is also the host of a weekly internet-based show called Powerfull Living Radio. Visit: www.powerfull-living.biz to learn more about Lorraine’s services, success products, and programs. Sign up for her monthly ezine, free fear ecourse, and blog. Contact her for speaking engagements and customized leadership programs for your company or organization - email@example.com
Article Source: http://www.articlesbase.com/motivational-articles/5-motivation-tips-to-have-a-thriving-business-and-happy-life-206747.html