Using Your Subconscious Mind Deliberately

Dr. Purushothaman
January 15, 2014


I first heard the term "subconscious mind" in 1982. A lot has been written on this subject and many ideas and theories put forward as to what is the subconscious mind and how we can work with it. I have been able to prove to myself the power of the subconscious mind. Although I have read widely on the subject, I have chosen in my teachings to work only with scientifically based and proven theories on how the subconscious mind works and operates in our lives.

Why Is The Subconscious Mind Important?
The subconscious mind contains all our memory, our habits and beliefs, personality and self image. Perhaps you want to change a habit, such as smoking, or always reacting angrily when someone 'pushes your buttons". Maybe you wish to have better recall in exams. Or you might be challenged by low self esteem. Whatever you want to change, it is essential to change it in the subconscious mind.
But were you taught how to do that when you were at school? Were you born with a manual on how to operate your subconscious? Do you know the laws and the language of the subconscious mind? In my experience, most people answer "No" to those questions!
What Is The Subconscious Mind?
When you buy a computer, you acquire the hardware which is the computer screen, keyboard, disk drive and all the other bits and pieces inside. However, when you plug the computer in, it will not work without an "operating system". The operating system is like a basic, predefined set of instructions which coordinates the use of the hardware. Once the operating system is installed, the computer comes to life and is able to perform fundamental tasks such as saving information, but more importantly, it is now able to accept further, more sophisticated programming. For instance, if you want your computer to type letters, a word processing program is required.
When you want to type a letter, you request the operating system to start this program. What then appears on the screen is a blank page, and as you type, the characters appear on the page. You may not be aware of all the billions of electronic signals which have been "programmed" by both the operating system and the word processing program to flow through the computer in a particular way so that you can type a letter. What you are consciously aware of is the image on the screen. The human mind/body system operates in a very similar way.
The conscious mind is our current awareness. It can be likened to a word processor. As we type, we make hundreds of decisions - what to write, whether we have written the letter correctly, how the letter should look, etc. The conscious mind is the decision maker. It requests the subconscious programs to perform certain tasks ("lets go to the shops"), observes what the subconscious programs perform (moving the body to action), and then decides on what else needs to be done.
The Role Of The Subconscious Mind
Your mind therefore has two components, each with separate functions. {The conscious mind is estimated to be only 12% of our mind, and the subconscious is the other 88%. The subconscious mind is important because it has the ability to record and remember every incident that it experiences. Amazingly, the subconscious mind is actually to record and remember every incident it has experienced. This is called "conditioning". It forms part of the way we learn and it enables us to perform actions habitually (without thought). If you experience enthusiasm, happiness or love when meeting a person, this mechanism will record those feelings and associate them with that person.
Feelings of frustration and stress are associated in the same way. When you next see that person (or even just think about them) the subconscious mind automatically recalls the previous feelings, and they are re-experienced. This is why thinking of happy memories can make you feel good, and how the mere thought of a person can make you feel angry. This mechanism is a system designed to protect us by emotionally recalling the last experience (in Primary School everyone laughed at me when I drew an elephant). This is in anticipation of a subsequent similar situation (when I had to draw a seal in High School, I immediately felt fear, told myself "I can't draw", and traced the seal instead). However, it is also the reason we can continue to experience a lot of other complex emotional conditions such as depression, fear, anxiety, anger, procrastination, and lingering grief, which can express themselves in other forms such as weight gain, sleeplessness, smoking and general ill health. Recent major scientific discoveries enable us to understand and control this mechanism so we can change these conditions.
Your conscious mind can actually program the subconscious mind for new behaviours and habits, in order to react more appropriately to the different situations that we experience. This ability is built into us. Nobody taught us how to walk or how to talk. These miraculous feats of "self-education" were accomplished through an intuitive process of observation, imitation and repetition at a very early age. Sadly it seems that as we age we frequently remain caught in longstanding patterns of behaviour which are no longer useful to us and our ability to self educate seems to disappear.
One Mind To Overcome Many Different Challenges.
On a day to day basis we face many challenges. Work pressure and stress, challenging relationships, change, frustration with career choice, questions of prosperity, difficulty in learning new things, fear of accepting new experiences, grief or ill health - most of these situations are viewed as problems.
Firstly, what are problems? Aren't "problems" really challenges which require you to learn, understand and then apply something new? Hasn't every problem you have encountered in the past given you both new skills and valuable experience so that you can deal with future "problems" more effectively and efficiently? We only find problems difficult because we feel frustration in wanting to accomplish something and we don't know how. It is often at this moment that we ask for help, and become open to learning a new approach.
Secondly, from my experience, I find that all these situations are ultimately asking us to do just one thing - CHANGE! It is the process of change that we find difficult and frustrating. Why do we find change difficult? Essentially any decision to change is made in your conscious mind. This decision will in some way conflict with your existing habits and beliefs, and it is therefore the subconscious mind (the storehouse and performer of tasks) which must be changed. This means 12% of your mind wants to change the other 88%, and this is the source of all the frustration that we experience.~The 88% of your mind that doesn't want to move with the change is the problem as it is only 12% of your mind that wants to change. How do we do that? By using a scientifically proven method in which the conscious mind can influence the subconscious mind so that they work together. This involves:
* Learning to access the subconscious mind easily and quickly.
* Understanding how the mind works with a complete scientific explanation.
* Utilising the Laws and the Language of the subconscious mind.
* Utilising the Laws and the Language of the subconscious mind.
*Permanently imprinting goals into the subconscious.
* Proof - with biofeedback from an electroencephalograph.
Change is tough and no-one want's to do it! You can make it easy by deliberately using the subconscious mind.

Read Related Recent Articles