In times of economic uncertainty and personal trouble, it is not easy to maintain a positive mental attitude but at the same time it is vital that we remain strong, so we can look for ideas that will lead us to a positive outcome. As we know nothing last forever and whatever trouble we have will eventually pass. Remember that a positive attitude is far more important than aptitude to succeed in life.
Here are ten tips to help you maintain and develop a positive mental attitude.
1. Stay away from negative and pessimistic people.
2. Stop whining, complaining and blaming others for your mistakes, problems, misfortunes and setbacks. Only you are responsible for your actions and consequences, only you are responsible for your life and circumstances.
3. Be more in touch with your thoughts and feelings, do not get carried away by your worries. No matter what, make the conscious decision to start your day, everyday, in a positive and optimistic way.
4. Always work on maintaining a positive attitude about things. We all know that we can not always control what happens in our lives, but we can always control how we react to what happens in our lives. This will help you build the courage and motivation to change and find a solution to your problem.
5. Learn to adapt. Things change, circumstances change. Adjust yourself and your efforts to what it is presented to you so you can respond accordingly. Never see change as a threat, because it can be an opportunity to learn, to grow, evolve and become a better person. Many times what you see as the end could be the start of a new and better beginning.
6. Face your reality with courage. Take a good and careful look at your situation and allow yourself time to think. See where you are now and decide what you want and where you want to be. Build the enthusiasm, make up your mind and go for it. Realize that you have the ability and the potential to change things.
7. Concentrate on the beautiful things in your life. Always try to look for the good and positive in bad situations. Opportunities come in many shapes and forms; many times your setbacks or problems are opportunities in "disguise."
8. Use your imagination and be creative so you can turn those opportunities into successes. Look for better or different ways to do things. Allow yourself to see beyond what others think is possible, wise or practical. Be proactive and be part of a solution, not part of a problem.
9. Be in charge of your life. Do not think and assume that what happens to you is your destiny. It is not! If you think that way you will give a message to your brain to stop looking for ideas or solutions to your problems. Do not make excuses to relieve yourself from your responsibilities. Always remember, if you do not control your future somebody else will, whether you like it or not.
10. Work on your attitude and learn to control it, always remember, if you are not careful your attitude will control you.
These tips are part of Rodolfo Costa's new inspirational book "Advice My Parents Gave Me and Other Lessons I Learned From My Mistakes" described on its front cover as "A collection of 409 thoughts, quotes, lessons, ideas, suggestions, reminders, and words of advice and encouragement to help you lead a more prosperous, rewarding, peaceful, happy, and fulfilling life." These practical tidbits of advice and encouragement, if read one at a time, will keep a person busy for well over a year pursuing the path to personal growth and happiness.
For more information on the book and/or to contact Rodolfo please go to http://www.advicemyparentsgaveme.com
About the Author
Rodolfo Costa is a Northern California author. Through the difficulties and joys of life, he has learned to be grateful for everything he has, and with gratitude he now shares his learned wisdom in his new inspirational and motivational collection, "Advice My Parents Gave Me and Other Lessons I Learned From My Mistakes" (ISBN 9781449025526, AuthorHouse, 2009).