Does your brain ever tell you that you are a fool and will only face failure? If yes, then chances are that at some point in your life, you have felt stupid. It is only human to doubt your own abilities, however, when such feelings consume you entirely, it screams danger and you must immediately get to the bottom of it.
Why we feel foolish?
- Social anxiety- It is common to feel foolish when you have social anxiety. People who experience this are always marvelled at how sharp everyone around them seems to be and do not find themselves at par with others.
- Low self-esteem: Foolishness evoke some of the most common signs of low self-esteem. It is a complex beast and people who have no confidence in them become easily confused and forgetful.
- Stress and depression- Negative feelings can never help to make you feel better about yourself. Stress and depression can be serious challenges and is often enough to separate you from doing rational things in a smart way.
How to deal with such feelings?
- Know that you are not alone- Everyone feels inadequate at some point or another. Just focus on your strengths and move forward in life.
- Take joy in what you know- Life is not a competition and your knowledge or lack of it thereof does not make you foolish. You need to know that there is magic in diversity.
- Choose your horizons - Own your strength and feel empowered. Look in the mirror and give yourself a pep talk when you feel low.
Furthermore, a therapist can help you fight the feelings of foolishness. With counselling sessions, you will be able to determine what the issue may be and work towards resolving it.
With the therapies and sessions at Living in Wellbeing, you will certainly find all the techniques and tools to rid yourself of these internalized negative beliefs. Our health experts will guide you through experiences that will change the underlying beliefs that make you feel foolish. So get in touch with us today and live a life full of joy, confidence and happiness.