- The question for each man to settle is not what he would do if he had means, time, influence, and educational advantages, but what he will do with the things he has.
Hamilton Wright Mabie
- The secret of success is to be ready when your opportunity comes.
- There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them.
- We first make our habits, and then our habits make us.
- What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others.
- What you habitually think largely determines what you will ultimately become.
- The secret of success is consistency of purpose.
- The test of a successful person is not an ability to eliminate all problems before they arise, but to meet and work out difficulties when they do arise. We must be willing to make an intelligent compromise with perfection lest we wait forever before taking action. It is still good advice to cross bridges when we come to them.
- There is only one way to succeed in anything, and that is to give it everything.
- The merit in action lies in finishing it to the end.
- What progress, you ask, have I made? I have begun to be a friend to myself.
- The biggest temptation is to settle for too little.
- What is’ is more important than ‘what should be.’ Too many people are looking at ‘what is’ from a position of thinking ‘what should be’.
- Whatever we think about and thank about, we bring about.
- It is the repetition of affirmations that leads to belief. And once that belief becomes a deep conviction, things begin to happen.
Claude M. Bristol
- Our greatest battles are that with our own minds.
- Real difficulties can be overcome; It is only the imaginary ones that are unconquerable.
- Some of the world’s greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible.
- That some achieve great success, is proof to all that others can achieve it as well.