Healthy food preparation plays an important role in your daily MEALS. Therefore, it is important to be mindful of the ingredients you choose as well and your cooking methods so as not to derail a healthy meal with additional fat and calories. Below tips keep your meal healthy:
* Vegetables can lose their nutrients and color if not cooked properly. Steaming your vegetables is the best way to maximize the benefits vegetables provide.
* Gravies and sauces add flavor, but they can also add fat and calories to your meal. Consider healthier options such as herbs, vinegar, tomatoes or onions.
* Prepared seasonings can be high in sodium and increase the risk of high blood pressure. Instead, use herbs and spices to add flavor to your meal.
* Packaged chicken and turkey often come with pieces of fat still attached to the meat. Make sure to cut the fat and skin off the meat to reduce your calories and saturated fat.
Properly preparing and cooking your food ensures that you maintain the flavor and nutrients of your meal. It also keeps unneeded salt, fat, and calories out of your diet.
Losing weight is about incorporating exercise into your lifestyle, as well as healthy eating with low calorie foods.
By making these changes, your whole life changes. You are not trying to lose weight; you are living healthily. Somehow that sounds a lot more appealing and a lot less like punishment doesn’t it?
Losing weight boils down to a rather simple equation Calories consumed versus Calories spent. If you burn more calories than you consume, your body has to use stored energy (fat) to keep going. In this way, you are going easier on your body and avoiding the possible dangers of yo-yo dieting.
Eating Low Calorie Foods:
It is therefore important not only that you try and get moving more, but also that you eat foods that are not calorie rich. There are certain foods (unfortunately the ones that we tend to like most) that are just too rich in calories.
If we choose to eat foods that are lower in calories, we can cheat our bodies though. In some ways it boils down to tricking your stomach. If you eat a whole lot of low calorie food (within reason), you can make your stomach feel full and sated, and lose weight at the same time.
You may think that low calorie food is something you can only do at home, with adequate preparation, but it is really quite easy to eat healthy on the go.
If you start incorporating low calorie foods into your diet, you will be able to still feel full and that you’ve eaten well, without packing on the pounds. Before you know it you’ll be able to fit into that little black dress, wedding dress or tuxedo that’s been sitting in the back of your cupboard for years.
Take a look at the list below to get an idea of the vast range of foods you can eat without worrying about going too hard on the calories. Turning to a low calorie lifestyle is not a punishment it’s the first step to better life
However, there also have few factors that affect food selection for healthy life as per listed below:
* Factor 1: Lifestyle
* Factor 2: Family and culture
* Factor 3: Subcultures
* Factor 4: Family size
* Factor 5: Developments in technology
* Factor 6: Equipment in the home
* Factor 7: Transport
* Factor 8: Socio-economic status
* Factor 9: The politics of food availability
* Factor 10: Nutritional information and misinformation
* Factor 11: Influences on food choice and stage of life most likely affected
* Factor 12: The role of the media
* Factor 13: Food development
About the Author
Discussing about Healthy Meal
Article Source: http://www.livinginwellbeing.org/wp-admin/post-new.php