How beautiful to be free! Free from illusions and the endless demands of ego. We are in a magnificent age in the world right now, one where humanity is awakening, remembering our wholeness, our goodness, and our unlimited potential. Here are ten ways to enhance your own awakening process and live in freedom, love and joy!
1. Awareness: As you become more aware, you are able to see how the conditioned mind traps you and keeps you unfulfilled, always chasing after endless conditions to make you ‘happy’. You start to identify with the observer who is aware instead of the mind with its endless judgments and demands of the ego. When you realize you are not your thoughts, you can begin to change them or rise above them. You are the vast awareness that was there before you were born and will be there after you die. Practice meditation, mindfulness, the Four Agreements by Miguel Ruiz.
2. Let Go: Energy follows thought. Whatever you focus on you are feeding. When you let go of a thought, desire or emotional charge, you disengage and enter the flow of life. Things come and things go, but you don’t have to be jerked around by them and controlled by them. You are the stillness in the center that is living it all. You are the sky, not the clouds.
3. Forgive: When you cling to feelings of resentment and revenge, you carry them around in you. They affect your mood, your thoughts and your vibration. They don’t affect the other person at all. Learning to forgive forgive others is granting you your own freedom. It doesn’t mean you condone that behavior, it means you want to be free from carrying the bad energy around. Forgiving yourself is loving yourself and having compassion yourself. This gives you room to blossom.
4. Gratitude: Gratitude comes in many forms: appreciating, blessing, expecting the best. When you are being grateful you are vibrating at a high level and you are attracting to you more of what you are blessing. When you are in gratitude you are in the present moment, receiving instead of in the past or future grasping or pushing away. Remembering your “Thank you, God’s” the first and last thing of every day opens you to life’s highest energies and increases everything good in your life.
5. Being Authentic: Running around endlessly trying to please others, pretending to be who you are not to gain their acceptance and avoiding life and situations because of fear separate you from Who you are and close you off from the Goodness of life. You are responding to life instead of reacting. When you are authentic, you love yourself and express your own unique beingness without holding back.
6. Raise your Energy: Many things in life lower our vibration. The more dense you are, the less clarity, love and vitality you have and the less you are able to choose your path instead of just following the rut. Your inner and outer environment affects your energy: who you are with, what you focus on, what you eat, how you breathe. Energy follows thought. Whatever you are focusing on in life you are attracting. Raise yourself by focusing on what you want, not what you don’t want.
7. Breathe: Breath is inspiration. You are not only giving yourself life-enhancing oxygen but also increasing your vital energy, your chi or mana. It takes energy to grow and evolve. While giving yourself this necessary fuel, deep breathing also centers you, releases endorphins, relaxes you, allows you to enter the healing, intuitive state and centers you in your Being. You can do it anywhere, anytime. It brings you Home.
8. Being not Doing: All the running around, grasping and pulling in the world is just your mind trying to make your mind happy. Awakening is not something you have to try to do. It is something you remember. Your heart remembers – being present, being aware, being loving, being authentic, being allowing, being life itself without judgment. Your heart knows the path. When it is happy, you are on the right path.
9. Allowing: Allowing exists when judgment stops. Judgment separates. It is a mind game that isolates you from the rest of the world, from the rest of your Self and nourishes your limiting beliefs. Allowing the present moment to be just what it is, allowing others to be who they are and allowing yourself to be who you are is a gateway to personal freedom and joy. When you are allowing, you are not blaming. You are in your power, not giving it away.
10. Laughing: You laugh in the present moment, letting go everything else just for that moment, free, joyous, raising your vibration, raising your energy, releasing endorphins, connecting to the world and your authenticity, just being n the flow of life just the way it is! Laugh alot. Laugh deeply. Just laugh!
About the Author
BeginWithin.org founder Pamela Turner has spent her life studying personal and spiritual growth and healing. Pamela has a Master’s Degree in Counseling Psychology, is a Master Practitioner of Neurolinguistic Programming, a Certified Hypnotherapist, Licensed EmoTrance Practitioner, Advanced Reiki Practitioner, Certified Energy Healer for Animals and a Huna Shaman. She has also studied extensively in the fields of quantum physics, mind/body healing, Toltec Spirituality and astrology, to list just a few of Pamela’s many areas of study. As she got older, and after quite a bit of healing and clearing of her personal path, Pamela realized the time had come for her to apply her years of dedicated study, work and learning to the greater good. Pamela now devotes her time and energy to the creation of products that promote and enhance healing and growth, performing Energy Healing for Animals and providing Counseling and Healing for people fortunate to cross her path.