It is a disorder which starts during childhood and children suffering from ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder) show symptoms of forgetfulness, inattention and poor control of impulses, repeating mistakes, excessive talking, hyperactivity and learning disability. ADD is common among school going children and boys are more likely to suffer from it as compared to girls. These children when grow up can turn out to be extremely bossy, immature, self-centered and uncooperative, as a result of which they may face difficulty in adjusting to the society. Some of the major factors responsible for ADD are; smoking by mother before the birth of child, genetic grounds, and organic brain damage due to prenatal complications, infection or oxygen deprivation during birth and disorder or deficit in the metabolism of neurotransmitters.
ADD In Children Home Remedies
There are several home remedies for ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder) in children which can be tried at home without any side effects. Some of the popular home remedies for ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder) in children are:
1. One of the simplest home remedies for ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder) in children is to make your child drink plenty of water. This can prove to be very helpful.
2. Try to prevent your child from consuming dairy products. You can use milk alternatives such as rice milk and almond milk which are really good substitutes.
3. Avoid all kinds of junk food and fruit juices with high amount of sugar in them. You can even try diluting these juices with high sugar content by diluting it with water (1:1 ratio).
4. Also try to avoid foods like squash and corn.
5. One of the best natural home remedies for ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder) in children is omega-3 fatty acid. Studies have shown that children suffering from ADD are known to have lower levels of essential fatty acids. Therefore children when given food rich in essential fatty acids show improvements. You should add fish in your child’s diet in order to fulfill the deficiency of omega-3 fatty acid.
6. Another essential home remedy is to add food rich in vitamin B6 to your childâ€™s diet. Vitamin B6 is very important for the production of serotonin in brain which is basically a neurotransmitter. Children having low level of vitamin B6 suffer from hyperactivity. Itâ€™s always better to consult your physician before giving vitamin B6 to your child.
7. Organically grown vegetables, fruits and pure lean meats are very helpful in overcoming the difficulties of your child.
8. Keep your child away from processed drinks and foods. Food containing artificial sweeteners and colors should be avoided.
9. Natural whole oats are considered to be one of the effective home remedies for ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder) in children. It helps in reducing tiredness, mental stress, insomnia, nervousness, anxiety and depression. Give your child a breakfast of whole oats and berries. This will help your child to focus better and retain information. It will also help to stabilize glucose levels in blood and prevent crashes and spikes in energy throughout the day.
10. Grape seed extracts have anti-oxidants which help in better blood circulation to the brain and protect brain from toxins and radicals. It increases knowledge retention too.
These were some of the natural home remedies for ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder) in children which are cost-effective, safe and simple to use.
About the Author
Read more Home Remedies for ADD in Children. Also know useful Home Remedies for Acne Scars. Read effective Home Remedies for Acid Reflux.