The value of a positive mental attitude is priceless, it’s a value everyone must have to stay focused, motivated, and achieve success.
To foster a habit of positive thinking, and effectively cut the chains negative thinking that we have picked up in the course of our lives is a skill that has to be acquired. Here are six positive thinking tips and some practical advice that will enhance your ability learn, master, and utilize positive thinking to change your life.
1. Learn, Read, and Listen Daily – Everyday get up and read some quotes about positive thinking, listen to motivational tapes, reflect on challenges you have overcome, and the adventures undertaken. There are many outstanding resources available to download that offer advice and education to develop positive thinking.
2. Optimism – Psychologist Martin Seligman mentions that people who think more positively have also developed the ability to stop negative thinking. Rather than saying “I’m doomed”, “there’s no way out.” Positive thinkers see a way out; they confine the problem and work to solve it. They don’t fall into catastrophic thinking patterns. The glass is always half full, There will be better days. Belief and hope is half the battle.
3. Gratitude – Gratitude unlocks beauty, calms and expands the mind. Gratitude gives joy, has benefits beyond what you can see. If you have lost all possessions, be glad you have something to wear. There is always something to be grateful for and there is always someone we can thank for their impact on our life.
4. Taking responsibility instead of blame – Recognize and accept what you did or failed to do that has dug the hole you find yourself in. You are responsible for getting out of it, you don’t have wait for the dirt to stop piling up before you move. Assess the situation, develop a plan of action, set goals to achieve it, and see it through. The storm may rage all around you, but you will be able to take control of your life again.
5. Not allowing negative emotions to overwhelm you – You may have been beaten sore, but there is still breathe in you. Acknowledge the setback, analyze what went wrong, create a plan for change and anchor to it so you can continue the fight. The world may have been unfair, but you are only going to cry in your closet for only a little while. Every experience will lead to more wisdom; every adversity has the seed of a greater benefit. Things that seem to be adversities turn out to be opportunities in disguise
6. Persistence – Most people do not achieve their success and happiness because they give up after a few setbacks or signs of trouble. It is the 10th job interview where they never even call you back or the 100th time you fell on your butt while learning to snowboard. It’s any rough patch you have to get through before achieving your big goal. Success is only a step or maybe a few more steps away, keep your eye on the prize and Never give up.
About the Author
Enjoy golf, boating, wakeboarding, and sharing my knowledge and experience with others. I hope you enjoyed my article and gained something from it. Please visit my website or one of my lenses at Squidoo