A personâ€™s attitude and way of thinking contribute greatly to their personality. People who think positively have a better outlook on life and an ambitious attitude. These are factors that directly affect your perception when it comes to creating the kind of life you want. Studies show that you perception of life also affects your health and well-being.
Most of our negative thoughts come from assumptions we make. We concoct these misconceptions in an attempt to prepare ourselves for the worse but end up dwelling so much on them that they consume our way of life. This does not mean that a positive person is ill-prepared, in fact they are better equipped to handle challenges then a Negative Nelly.
Positive thinking is not about ignoring the negative and not preparing for the worst, but instead approaching a problem positive and productive manner. For instance, focusing on finding a solution to a problem as oppose to focusing on the negative like how the problem occurred. So donâ€™t think altering your attitude will turn you into a naÃ¯ve person and result in more issues.
A positive attitude and way of thinking can help you cope with life and improve your overall well-being. Here are five benefits of positive thinking:
1. Improved Focus â€” Positive thinking helps you concentrate on finding a solution instead of focusing on the negative elements and losing what sometimes is valuable time. Your creative and constructive thinking is enhanced. While a person with a negative attitude would be so distracted that may not even seek a solution.
2. Reduced Stress â€” When a positive thinker is faced with a stressful situation they handle it better for the same reason as mentioned above, improved focus. When you worry less, you stress less. The power of positive thinking lowers stress levels, helps you cope better and increases your life span.
3. Better Health â€” The way you think has a direct influence on your body and its functions. Positive thinkers tend to have lower risks of disease, better psychological and physical well-being. If you conquer negative thoughts youâ€™ll be less likely to suffer from anxiety, sleeping disorders, etc.
4. Maintain Self Esteem â€” When you adopt an optimistic outlook you tend to believe in yourself and your abilities. You become comfortable in your own skin and have faith in your potential. This gives you the motivation to achieve your goals.
5. Success and Happiness â€” Positive thinking has the power to change your whole life and your whole environment. When you have a positive attitude you attract others therefore changing the people around you.
A positive attitude results in success and happiness. Optimistic people choose to be happy and are determined when it comes to their endeavors.
The power of positive thinking is tremendous. As you may notice a few of these items roll into the other. If you alter your attitude to that of a positive one, you will begin to notice productive changes in different aspects of your life.
About the Author
Lea Bullen is a personal development and conscious living advocate who started the Leading Edge Advocate, a self improvement community and resource center to help others enhance their well being and live the life they desire. Change your life, become a member of the Leading Edge today, http://www.leadingedgeadvocate.com and receive our Personal Development Report: Que sera, sera, Whatever will be, will beï¿½ if you allow it.