Anxiety indicators can be felt every now and then. Symptoms vary from one anxiety disorder to another and can be manifested as both physical and emotional symptoms which range from mild to severe and at times these signs can actually interrupt oneâ€™s everyday life. Anxiety and its manifestations, high stress levels and depression among others often leads to poor health.
The causes of anxiety vary from one person to another. Usually, the most common cause of anxiety is stress. Stress can arise from work, school as well as relationship problems to loneliness and other negative emotions. Fatigue, headache, irritability and restlessness are among its external manifestation. Additionally, the causes of anxiety can also be traced to biological factors like deficiency in vitamins, chemical imbalance in the brain and illness.
Anxiety can be managed and controlled. Getting rid of anxiety may differ depending on the level of anxiety. Here are some helpful tips to get rid of anxiety:
1. It will be helpful to list down and take note of the things where anxiety arises, like things one fears.
2. Have a positive outlook in life. Oneâ€™s surroundings play an important factor in addressing anxiety attacks. Looking at the world positively minimizes loneliness and depression.
3. Exercise regularly to keep oneâ€™s body healthy. Physical activities like exercise, discharge endorphins and other mood-enhancing substances in the body. It also serves as an admirable leisure activity which leads to an enhanced self image and overall health. Doctors usually advise good 30 to 40 minutes daily physical activities for wellness.
4. Put into practice relaxation techniques. It is equally important to calm your mind and body during the day to help you set things in perspective. Meditation, yoga, tai chi and visualization techniques are the most recommended relaxation techniques. Hobbies like reading, dancing, cooking, gardening, scrapbooking, fishing and hiking are also good relaxation techniques.
5. A simple focused breathing exercise also eases anxiety. It is simple and helps anxiety sufferers to calm down and focus. This is basically done by breathing slowly through the nose, holding your breath for three seconds and exhale through the mouth at the count of four. This can be repeated until you calm down.
6. A healthy diet is also one way to get rid of anxiety. Carbohydrates from root vegetables and whole grains enhance serotonin levels in the brain. Meanwhile foods with omega 3 like mackerel and sardines controls brain chemicals and neurotransmitters. Furthermore, milk, soy, poultry, nuts and bananas are mood enhancers. Similarly, being well hydrated improves mood. Should you have allergies, it is best to consult the nutritionist or a dietician to help you in your healthy diet.
7. Avoid alcohol, drugs, nicotine and even caffeine. Substance and alcohol abuse is a common by product of anxiety and can further lead to a complex and complicated anxiety disorder. Meanwhile, stimulants like nicotine and caffeine worsen anxiety even more.
8. There are also natural treatments coming from plants and herbs like Chamomile, Kava, St. Johnâ€™s Wort and Valerian roots among others.
9. Should the anxiety is severe or continuing, it is best to seek a medical advice for medication to treat anxiety. Doctors usually prescribe anti-depressants and benzodiazepines to treat it.
10. Critical and serious anxiety disorder may also require certain form of psychological therapy to address it.
About the Author
John David is a recovered anxiety and panic attack victim who is passionate about helping other victims to learn how to overcome their anxiety and panic attacks.
You can learn more by going to his site at: http://cure-panic-anxiety-attacks.com/anxiety_and_panic_attacks.html
Article Source: http://goarticles.com/article/How-To-Get-Rid-Of-Anxiety/5504289/