There are a lot people making money on the internet. There are probably even more people selling products teaching you how to make money on the internet. It can be difficult for a internet marketing newbie to navigate through all of the convincing sales messages that promise to teach you how to get rich online.
The fundamental thing that you must realize is that rich people by assets. They take the money from those assets and buy more assets.
A website is an asset. One website that produces a monthly income is an asset that can build equity over time. The internet is great because if you can learn to build one profitable website, it is easy to build another, and another, and another.
Here are 8 things that increase the value of your website.
1. The number of back links- Back links are links from other websites that are linking to your site.
2. Page rank- Page rank is how the search engines rank the authority or value of a website. Your page rank will increase based on
the quality and quantity of your back links.
3. Domain name- Some domain names sell for thousands or dollars by themselves, without a website. Usually these are domain names with popular keywords.
4. The number of indexed pages on Google, Yahoo, and MSN- When your website or blog is pinged or social bookmarked it gets indexed
the major search engines.
5. The number of 1, 2, and 3 page listings- This refers to your listings in the search engine. For any given keyword there are hundreds, if not thousands, of pages of search results. The websites listed on the first 3 pages will usually get a lot more traffic from search engines.
6. The number of daily clicks- This refers to number of times unique visitors click on the links located within your website on a daily basis.
7. The number of subscribers- If you have an opt-in box on your website and you are building an email list this can really increase the value of your website. The more subscribers you have, the more valuable your website will be.
8. Revenue- It should be obvious that if your website is generating any amount of income that it will increase in value. You can increase the revenue from your website by adding AdSense, Amazon products, or other affiliate products.
Whether you choose to get rich online, or offline the principles are still the same. You must buy assets. Websites make buying assets easier to do because they are inexpensive to maintain and they have a potential to generate a huge cash flow.
Article Source: http://goarticles.com/article/How-To-Get-Rich-Online/2567375/