What is Anxiety?
Anxiety can be termed as a feeling which after an extent cannot be controlled by the person undergoing the same. It can be fears, worries related to future, your loved ones, your present situation, an examination you are going to face, an interview for job or a competition. For some people, anxiety can be caused in your mind without any reason. They are simply anxious and that’s all.Anxiety can be the reason for several disorders that affect a person. Nervousness, worry, apprehension, fears are the end results of anxiety. A person’s behavior is directly or indirectly affected by anxiety. Anxiety in small amount can cause restlessness in a person. Severe anxiety on the other hand can b extremely dangerous and can have very bad and serious impact on a person’s day to day life. In short, anxiety whether big or small can affect a person negatively. A person’s positive attitude towards life is affected to the root and can shatter the balance in the person’s life.
Major Symptoms of anxiety
Anxiety presents a variety of physical symptoms as well as non physical symptoms. The physical symptoms are churning of stomach, nausea, diarrhea, backache, restlessness, trembling, getting tired easily, lack of concentration, tension of muscles, frequent urination, lack of sleep or excess of sleep, headache, palpitation and lots more.
Non-physical symptoms of anxiety are unnecessary worrying and thinking wild.
Ill effects of anxiety
• Anxiety can decrease a person’s creativity and positive attitude towards life.
• Anxiety can weaken our thought process
• Our normal behavior is affected badly
• Anxiety leads us to failures even if we are capable
• Anxiety can make us an introvert
• Anxiety can lead to depression which is the worst part
Causes of Anxiety
Anxiety can be caused by several factors. It may be the environment of a person, most probably a negative atmosphere that tends the person to think negative and the ultimate result is anxiety. Most people are anxious due to their self talk which is obviously negative. If you tend to talk positive to yourself, then you can avoid anxiety and feelings of worries.
Anxiety can also be the result of the stress from a very serious medical illness, medication side effects or even blood clot in the lungs. Alcohol or illicit drug consumption can also cause to anxiety.
Stress can be managed if we are willing to push off stress from our lives. By following the given steps, we can to an extent control anxiety.
• If you are anxious over some situation, check if you can change the situation or control it in one way or the other.
• If you feel like you are overdoing something, then try to relax and give yourself a break.
• Learn to relax. Meditation and exercises on breathing can help you in controlling stress and thus release your anxiety
• Do not over do any job. This is regarding work alcoholics. If you tend to over- do your job, then you are prone to fall into stress and anxiety one day or the other.
• Change your attitude towards life. Broaden your mind and widen your thoughts. Narrow-mindedness can lead to mental strain and changing your way of thinking can give positive results
• React less. No matter how heart touching or shocking news is, react calmly. Never show over excitement
• Get yourself a good sleep after the whole day’s toil. This can relax you
• Never self medicate. This can give you lots of problems
• Be a helping hand to others. Concentrating on you can lead to anxiety and tension. If you start thinking of others, then you are diverting your thought and by lending a helping hand, you will feel the happiness of giving
• If you are stressed, then try to divert your thoughts by doing any kind of physical exercise
Anxiety can be managed if we really start thinking and taking things positively. So controlling anxiety is not a big deal. All you have to do is stay calm and remain positive.